HOW DO I BOOK THE BELL PERFORMING ARTS CENTRE?
1) Contact Andrew Elliot at 604-507-6357 or by email at email@example.com. He will check the theatre calendar and see if the date you are looking for is available.
2) If the date is available, you can ask for a first hold to be placed on the date for you. If the date is unavailable, you may request to have a second hold placed on the date. You will be called if the date becomes free. If you would like to challenge the date, a deposit is required and the client with the first hold will be called and given 72 hours to place a non-refundable deposit. If they are unable to place a deposit, the date will go to you, the client with the second hold. If they are able to place the deposit, your deposit will be returned to you.
3) Once a date has been secured, the contracting process begins by placing a non-refundable deposit equal to half of the venue rental. This may be paid by either cash, certified cheque, Visa, MasterCard or debit. Please note that the deposit is non-transferable and is for the selected date only.
4) To draw up the contract, the theatre requires the name of the Licensee (either an organization or individual), a mailing address, phone number, fax number, email address, the name of the signing authority, load-in and load-out times and the event start and end times.
5) Once the contract has been drawn up, you are required to read through and understand your obligations as a Licensee, sign page 11 and Schedule B of the contract and return them to the theatre’s administration office in person, by mail or by fax.
6) One month prior to your event, a damage deposit in the amount of $1500 is required. Trusting there are no outstanding charges on your account, the $1500 will be returned to you.
At this time, you must provide a copy of your liability insurance in the amount of $2 million dollars coverage showing The Board of Education of School District No. 36 (Surrey) as an additional insured party. You are responsible for obtaining the insurance. If you do not deal with a particular insurance broker, we can provide you with a contact. Please note your event cannot occur without proof of this insurance.
You will also be contacted around this time regarding the technical needs of your rental.
7) Three days prior to your event, a bill with estimated charges including technical costs will be drawn up and is payable by cash, certified cheque, Visa, Mastercard or Debit.
8) After your event, a final bill will be generated and any outstanding balance will be due immediately. In the event that we owe you a refund, a cheque will be cut within three business days.